Prepare for P with the ACTEX On-Demand Course
The ACTEX Online Course Exam P provides students the necessary instruction, materials and support needed to pass. Students will have access to a variety of practice problems, video solutions, timed practice tests, lecture videos, and more. In addition, students will have one-on-one support from our skilled instructor for 180 days from the date of purchase.
Course Instructor: Richard Owens, FSA, MAAA
A preview of this course is available. Click here to view week 1.
A 50% discount on course tuition is available to full-time students, educators, and active U.S. military personnel. Please see available discounts tab for details.
- Comparable to a one-semester college undergraduate course
- Emphasizes problem-solving techniques
- Video lectures
- Suggested exercises and their solutions
- Practice tests with video solutions
- Discussion forum
- ACTEX Exam FM Study Manual | Broverman: manual includes StudyPlus+ digital study tools such as GOAL: Guided Online Actuarial Learning (see below for details)
Course Structure and Grading:
The course is partitioned into 10 topic sections and the final two weeks are dedicated to intensive practice. This course includes:
- Textbook readings
- Instructor notes
- Video lectures
- Practice tests
- Suggested practice exercises (with full solutions)
- Asynchronous Q&A discussion forum
- Instructor support via email and in-class messaging
- Direct communication with instructor by request
The last two weeks of each session include practice exams with instructional support and review. Grades are provided so that students may gauge their level of preparation. Students will continue to have access to the course videos and materials for two months following the end of the course.
COMMUNICATION WITH THE INSTRUCTOR:
- Discussion Forum: each week there will be a dedicated discussion forum. The instructor will normally respond within 24 hours.
- Email and Phone: the instructor will respond to student emails throughout the course normally within 24 hours. By appointment, the instructor will be available via Skype.
- If you have any questions for Rich Owens at this time, please send them to him directly at: Rich@ActexMadRiver.com.
It is estimated that it takes 200-300 hours of study to adequately prepare for Exam P. Students in the 10-week course should dedicate 6-12 hours per week at minimum to the course material in order to do well.
Before purchasing electronic manuals or bundles, please note that DRM protected PDFs require installing free software on a desktop or laptop computer to print. If you do not have administrative rights or are otherwise unable to download and save third party programs to your computer, you will not have printing rights enabled.
DRM License terms:
- 1 year of access
- Print up to 30% (total)
- Access on up to 4 devices
- Offline use for 5-days at a time
PASS GUARANTEE Terms & Conditions:
If you complete an ACTEX Exam preparation course and take the next scheduled exam, but do not receive a passing score, you may register for the ACTEX Exam Preparation On-demand Course for the same exam material, one time, at no additional cost.
- This guarantee does not cover study materials (required or optional)
- The Pass Guarantee is non-transferable
- Proof of the non-passing score must be sent to Support@ACTEXMadRiver.com prior to placing a phone call to activate the pass guarantee
- The Pass Guarantee is available one time, at no charge
- Students must activate their Pass Guarantee within three months of receiving a non-passing score or guarantee is voided
- ACTEX eLearning may revise or disable the Pass Guarantee offer at any time, and without notification
StudyPlus+ Digital Tools: study manual include digital access to
- Virtual eFlashcards
- G.O.A.L online practice problems (Guided Online Actuarial Learning)
- Formula sheet
- Actuarial exam and career strategy guides
- Technical skill eLearning tools
- Samples of supplemental texts and study tools
StudyPlus+ keycodes are provided inside printed study manuals for customers. Access is provided immediately to customers of the digital-only study manuals by visiting My Account / My Learning Tools on our website.
Digital Study Manual Terms and Conditions:
- Access manual from any device, anywhere: offline via FREE desktop player (PC & Mac) and via mobile app (Android & iPhone)
- Some restrictions apply:
- 1 year license
- Single user (sharing and/or resale prohibited)
- Access to content on up to four devices
- Permission to print up to 30% of the total document (printing requires use of the free offline desktop player)
- Use off-line for up to 5 days at a time
- No returns
Printed manual is printed front and back of each page and bound with plastic, coil binding
Reselling, sharing or committing other copyright violations is not allowed. Copyright infringement is a violation of the SOA & CAS Code of Professional Conduct and can result in discipline procedures.
- Course Policy: students taking this course are eligible for a 100% refund of tuition prior to day one of instruction, an 85% refund of tuition within the first 7 days of instruction and a 50% refund of tuition from days 8 - 14 of the course. No refunds will be given after day 14.
- Study Manual Policy: no refunds for digital study manuals or bundles. All printed study manuals may be returned under the terms of the ACTEX Mad River Books Return Policy.