See below for information about the eManual license terms
This text is listed on the Course of Reading for SOA Exam P.
Probability and Statistics with Applications is an introductory textbook designed to make the subject accessible to college freshmen and sophomores concurrent with Calc II and III, with a prerequisite of just one semester of calculus.
It is organized specifically to meet the needs of students who are preparing for the Society of Actuaries qualifying Examination P and Casualty Actuarial Society's Exam MAS-I.
Sample actuarial exam problems are integrated throughout the text along with an abundance of illustrative examples and 870 exercises. The book provides the content to serve as the primary text for a standard two-semester advanced undergraduate course in mathematical probability and statistics.
2nd Edition Highlights:
- Expansion of statistics portion to cover much of the statistics portion of CAS MAS-I
- Abundance of examples and sample exam problems for both Exams SOA P and CAS MAS-I
- Combines best attributes of a solid text and an actuarial exam study manual in one volume
- Widely used by college freshmen and sophomores to pass SOA Exam P early in their college careers
- May be used concurrently with calculus courses
- New or rewritten sections cover topics such as discrete and continuous mixture distributions, non-homogeneous Poisson processes, conjugate pairs in Bayesian estimation, statistical sufficiency, non-parametric statistics, and other topics also relevant to SOA Exam C.
- A separate solutions manual for the text exercises is also available.
Digital Content is now Easier to Access & has More Features...
Digital content can now be accessed from any device, online or off-line. Just visit the My Account/My Learning Tools section of the ACTEX|Mad River Books website to begin studying! Our new eReader lets you write and print notes, comments & annotations as well as underline, cross out, and highlight text.
Terms & Conditions:
- Accessible through your ACTEX | Mad River Books account/web browser, offline via a FREE desktop player, & online or offline via a mobile application
- Compatible with PC, mac, Android or iPhone
- License valid for 5 Years
- One User per license allowed; no transfers, exchanges or returns. (Sharing and/or resale is prohibited)
- No Printing
- Access to content on up to four devices
- Use off-line for up to 5 days at a time
- NO RETURNS
Resale, sharing or any other violation of copyright is not allowed. Copyright infringement is a violation of the SOA Code of Professional Conduct and can result in discipline procedures.