**This position is located in Portsmouth, NH**
Contact Info: Sandra Driscoll, firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Role
Make a difference! Serve as an integral part of a small company (18 employees), leading development projects that are central to our eLearning functionality and IT infrastructure. We have high-value projects that can be tailored to the professional strengths and interests of the individual hired and the needs of the company. As a small company with a long history, your work will make a positive impact for our customers and for the company.
- A developer who is comfortable working on their own on Web front-end, service layer and database software.
- Working with key teams to understand the requirements of the business and working from the end goal backwards.
- Designing a solution to best fit the needs of the business.
- Willingness to upgrade and enhance legacy .NET applications (without rewriting from scratch)
- Bringing your experience as a full-stack developer to produce these business enhancing applications and software.
- Utilizing your front-end skills to provide functional and intuitive user interfaces.
- Taking on this role you will review code, collaborate with members of the team and represent the company with customers.
The key skills and experience you will bring to this role include:
- Strong experience across .NET Development and C# programming languages and versions
- A good working knowledge of ASP.NET (MVC, Web Forms, and WebAPI)
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure platform
- Knowledge of database development, ideally SQL Server / Azure SQL Database
- Exposure to an Agile Development methodology would be beneficial
Other desirable skills include:
- Continuous Integration experience
- Source Control: SVN or Git
- Unit Testing and automated testing approaches
- Mobile application development a plus
About Our Company
Who will you be working with?
You’ll be part of our team of employees located in Portsmouth, NH. Our employees and management can only be described as:
- Independent; leading their own areas of responsibility
- Loyal to each other and our customers
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Invested; having ownership
- Multi-tasking; excited by our work
- Collaborative; supportive of one another
- Customer focused (exceedingly so)
- No egos (zero); we are a team
- Self-driven and hard-working
- Prideful in all we do
How will you feel working here?
- Appreciated and rewarded
- Successful; empowered with many oppurtunities to see your ideas implemented
- Committed; helping the company be "Better, Faster, Smarter"
- Tired at the end of most days! We're busy!
About our company
- Supportive management that provides strong performers with expanded responsibility
- Competitively driven to be “Better, Faster, Smarter” in all that we do
ACTEX Learning, an ArchiMedia Advantage company, is the leading actuarial education publisher in the US and Canada. https://www.actexmadriver.com/aboutactex.aspx. Founded in 1999, ArchMedia is a specialty education publishing and online retail company with 18 employees. We manage multiple brands, multiple content distribution platforms and several distinct sales/marketing channels (websites and blogs) including www.actuarialbookstore.com, www.actexmadriver.com, www.studymanuals.com and www.actuarialzone.org.
Additional Benefits of Working at ArchiMedia (subject to eligibility)
Employees are compensated using a combination of:
- Benefit plans, including health insurance and flexible spending account;
- 401(k) program which includes a matching component of employee contributions
- Casual dress code
Our standard full-time work hours are:
- Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 5:30pm (with an hour for lunch)
- Friday, 8:30am – 5pm (with an hour for lunch)