NEW! Course Updates for 2017
Engaging, Informative Videos
Learn at Your Own Pace!
Earn four or more hours of structured CE/CPD Credit!
• Total Credit Hours: 3.86
• Total Core Hours: 3.0
• Total Non-Core Hours: 0.86
• Total Ethics Hours: 2.0
• Earn four or more Credit Hours,
in Discussion Forums
Warren Luckner, FSA, MAAA, CFA, a former SOA staff member and former Director of the University of Nebraska Actuarial Science program, has developed a series of videos entitled: “Being An Actuary: Beyond the Mathematics, An Overview of Ethics and Professionalism for Actuaries.” Warren applies his wisdom and wit to this important aspect of actuarial practice and his e-course allows you to learn and interact with your colleagues and even perhaps occasionally smile while you’re earning continuing education credit!
What others are saying about the course...
"Good course to take to fulfill the professionalism continuing education hours."
"I liked how the videos were broken up so none were too long."
"... a lot of thought went into designing the course. I thought it worked well and covered the material appropriately."
"Well done, thorough."
"Enjoyable and effective."
"Glad I took it!"
New in 2017!
- ASOP No. 23, Data Quality (December 2016), and ASOP No. 41, Actuarial Communications (December 2010), are covered in detail.
- Several more ethical situations and actuarial professional conduct situations, increasing the total number of situations for discussion in the online forums to 14
- Communications and Basic Ethical Situations sections in a separate video from the Actuarial Professional Conduct Situations and Ethical Concerns Survey sections to add more flexibility.
- Codes, Rules of Conduct video revised to reflect changes to the Candidate Code of Conduct
Over three hours of on-demand videos. Topics include:
- Professional Actuarial Organizations: U.S., Canada, and Beyond
- Basic Ethical Situations, and Actuarial Professional conduct Situations
- Professionalism Resources in the Actuarial Profession
- What is Ethical Behavior?
- Ethical Models and Professionalism
- Effective Communication in an Actuarial Setting
- The Standards of Performance, Continuing Professional Education Requirements, and the Discipline Procedures of the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries
Watch the course introduction and overview, the first video in the series: CLICK HERE
Please note: The Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) has approved ACTEX as a qualifying sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) programs for enrolled actuaries.
The instructor is donating a total of 50% of his royalties to the Actuarial Foundations in Canada and the United States in recognition of their contributions to the public interest as the charitable arms of the actuarial professions in their respective countries.
Want to learn more about Warren Luckner? Read his interview with ACTEX's Stephen Camilli.
This course is available for corporate training programs!
ACTEX has implemented a new hassle-free self-registration system for our large corporate customers who want to deliver continuing professional development opportunities enterprise-wide. We give you a key code and a link to our registration site. You can distribute the link and key to your organization and allow employees to manage their own training schedule. Value-added! Contact us for pricing options.
Here’s what one company spokesperson said:
“Principal had about 100 actuaries utilize the course. It was a very efficient way to teach actuaries what it is to be a professional. One of the beauties of the course is that you can go through it on your own schedule. Our staff accessed the course from their desks and from home. We also had departments go through the course in a big group setting. They watched Warren’s videos and then had a lively discussion about how professionalism impacted the department’s work and responsibilities. Principal is always looking for ways to provide continuing education for our staff. This well-done course was a great way to get continuing education in the important professionalism category.“
--Kip F. Headley, FSA, MAAA, Corporate Valuation Actuary, Principal Financial Group
Login credentials for this course will be distributed via email within 1-2 business days of your purchase.
You will have access to the course for a total of 120 days from the date of enrollment.
Special bulk pricing, and discounts for regulators are available. Contact OnlineCourses@ActexMadRiver.com for more information.
This product is not eligible for a refund.