ACTEX eLearning Presents:
ACTEX eLearning Webinar: Enterprise Risk Management with Sim Segal
ERM and Professionalism
1.2 SOA/EA CPD, CAS CE Credits/Training Hours
ERM and Professionalism: Advice from a Leading ERM Professional
Actuaries have standards of practice guiding them on professional conduct in general and in ERM practice in particular. In this webinar, a leading ERM professional offers insights – based on his ERM research and professional experience helping organizations advance their ERM programs – that provide a different perspective and offer additional practical considerations that can enhance the professional conduct, as well as the success, of actuaries serving as ERM practitioners. Topics discussed will span all ERM process steps, including risk identification, risk quantification, risk decision making, and risk messaging, and will involve and address the following questions:
- Is your risk identification process giving the impression of trying to holistically identify all potential key risks, while actually biasing the process?
- Are your ERM models giving a fair representation of the threats posed by the organization’s key risks, or are they materially, even dangerously, misestimating some threats?
- Are ERM-informed decisions being made on information that is reasonably reliable for all risks on a consistent basis, or is the information more robust regarding some risks while less so for others, perhaps to the point of being unreliable?
- Is the ERM information provided to the board of directors providing a fair representation of the organization’s shock-resistance as well as a robust understanding of the information’s limitations, or is the board coming away with a substantial misimpression?
- Is the ERM information provided to external stakeholders – rating agencies, regulators, and shareholders –complete enough to help them make their necessary determinations and decisions as well as fully consistent with internal risk messaging?
- Learn whether your risk identification is biasing the attempt to identify all key risks, and how to address this.
- Learn whether your ERM models are dangerously misrepresenting risk impacts, and how to address this.
- Learn whether your risk decision making lacks consistency of robustness, and how to address this.
- Learn whether your ERM board reports fail to convey an accurate picture of risk profile, and how to address this.
- Learn whether your external risk reporting adequately supports external stakeholders, and how to address this.
Instructor Sim Segal, FSA, CERA is a globally-recognized ERM thought leader renowned for his engaging presentation style. Segal is president of SimErgy, which provides a full range of ERM consulting services; director of ERM programs at Columbia University; author of Corporate Value of Enterprise Risk Management, well received by the business community and required reading on syllabi of the SOA and leading universities; and host of Risk Radio, a weekly radio show. Segal has given over 160 presentations on ERM and risk-related topics. He is frequently quoted by media, such as Wall Street Journal, Treasury & Risk, and CFO Magazine. Segal authored numerous articles in leading publications, such as Forbes, American Banker, and Corporate Finance Review. Segal is former VP on the board of directors of the Society of Actuaries, where he served as inaugural chairman of its Risk Committee, leading the design and implementation the SOA’s ERM program. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in enterprise risk management (ERM). This is accessible to those without any prior ERM background and also provides practical helpful lessons to advanced ERM professionals on how to deal with some of the most challenging risks in the organization.
EA Credit Information:
The Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) has approved ACTEX as a qualifying sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) programs for enrolled actuaries.
ACTEX believes in good faith that you may earn continuing professional education (CPE) non-core non-ethics credits under the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) rules for attending this webinar. The JBEA makes the final determination about what constitutes core, non-core, ethics, or non-ethics CPE and the number of CPE credit hours allocated.
The registration fee includes 180-day unlimited on-demand access to this event and the handouts.
All prices are in USD.
Please Note: Participants must agree to the ACTEXeLearning.com Site Policy in order to access this webinar.
What is the difference between 10+ participants & 1-connection and 10+ participants & Multi-connection?
'Connection' refers to how many participants will access our Webinar by signing-in at ACTEXeLearning.com.
Customers who have purchased a 1-connection option will have the purchaser sign-in and share the video on their monitor (or via video-conference, Skype or other video sharing format) with up to the number of participants purchased for. Username and password information is not to be shared with the other participants.
Customers who have purchased our Multi-connection option will be sent login information and an access key. Each participant will then be able to login on their own computer, with their own username & password, at their own convenience.
- Access information is sent to the email address listed under Shipping Information on your order.
- If you have 8+ participants needing their own access you should select our Multi-connection option for the best value.
- All registrations include 180-day unlimited on-demand access to the Webinar and the handouts.
Discount for Full-Time Students:
Students with current enrollment as a full-time student at any college/university are eligible for a 50% discount off ACTEX Webinar 1-2 participant options. In order to access this discount, please email proof of enrollment using your college/university e-mail address to Support@ActexMadRiver.com. Examples of enrollment proof would be a copy of your registration information, or an unofficial transcript.
Discount for Active Military Personnel:
Active U.S. Military personnel are eligible for a 50% discount off ACTEX Webinar 1-2 participant options. In order to access this discount, please email us at Support@ActexMadRiver.com from your military email address.
Discount for Educators:
Faculty members of any accredited higher-education institution are eligible for a 50% discount off ACTEX Webinars. In order to access this discount, please contact us via email at Support@ActexMadRiver.com using your college/university e-mail address.
Discount for Regulatory Actuaries:
Regulatory Actuaries (Regulators) are eligible for a 30% discount off ACTEX Webinars. In order to access this discount, please contact us via email at Support@ActexMadRiver.com using your government e-mail address.