ACTEX eLearning Presents:
ACTEX eLearning Webinar:
The Growth & Pricing of Voluntary Benefits
Opportunities in a Post-Health Care Reform World
1.2 SOA CPD, CAS CE Credits/Training Hours
The supplemental health insurance market changed dramatically with the introduction of the Affordable Care Act. Carriers are diversifying their risks and exploring new avenues of business. This session will discuss the various types of products carriers are exploring, e.g. Hospital Indemnity, Accident, and Critical Illness.
This session will review where we are with regard to supplemental health products.
Topics will include the ACA's impact on:
- Product design;
- Product filings;
- Market entry, competition, and product positioning; and
- Possible future developments.
The session will discuss what carriers should consider in the development of these products and new trends in the worksite market as a result of expansion.
This session looks to explore trends in Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness products, including concerns around pricing, reserving, marketing and distribution.
This session will also discuss health regulatory updates and how they relate to supplemental health products.
At the conclusion of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the current market landscape and risk concerns for supplemental health products in the worksite;
- Identify key external forces in the voluntary market;
- Identify important health regulatory updates for non-health benefit plans;
- Identify the impact of the ACA and potential future regulatory changes on the supplemental market; and
- Apply emerging market trends to their actuarial work.
Who Should Attend?
Those who should attend include:
- Actuaries and actuarial analysts at companies who recently have begun selling voluntary products;
- Actuaries and actuarial analysts at companies who would like to enhance their current product offerings.
- Actuaries and actuarial analysts who would like to hear about the latest industry information about what is occurring and what may occur in the supplemental marketplace.
Instructor Dave Dillon joined Lewis & Ellis as a consultant in 1999 specializing in health insurance and healthcare analysis. Since the passage of the ACA, Dave has focused on healthcare reform analysis and implementation and the impact the ACA has on all health insurance markets.
Dave is up-to-date in the affairs of his profession and the health insurance industry by being a recent member of the SOA Health Section Council and an active speaker at industry meetings. Dave serves on the SOA’s Health Research Committee and he is the coordinator and lead interviewer for the Health Section Council’s podcast series, which touches on all health insurance topics, including product development and voluntary products.
The registration fee includes access to the webcast recording and supplemental materials for up to 180 days.
Please Note: all prices are in USD.
Please Note: Participants must agree to the ACTEXeLearning.com Site Policy in order to access this webinar.
What is the difference between 10+ participants & 1-connection and 10+ participants & Multi-connection?
'Connection' refers to how many participants will access our Webinar by signing-in at ACTEXeLearning.com.
Customers who have purchased a 1-connection option will have the purchaser sign-in and share the video on their monitor (or via video-conference, Skype or other video sharing format) with up to the number of participants purchased for. Username and password information is not to be shared with the other participants.
Customers who have purchased our Multi-connection option will be sent login information and an access key. Each participant will then be able to login on their own computer, with their own username & password, at their own convenience.
- Access information is sent to the email address listed under Shipping Information on your order.
- If you have 8+ participants needing their own access you should select our Multi-connection option for the best value.
- All registrations include 180-day unlimited on-demand access to the Webinar and the handouts.
Discount for Full-Time Students:
Students with current enrollment as a full-time student at any college/university are eligible for a 50% discount off ACTEX Webinar 1-2 participant options. In order to access this discount, please email proof of enrollment using your college/university e-mail address to Support@ActexMadRiver.com. Examples of enrollment proof would be a copy of your registration information, or an unofficial transcript.
Discount for Active Military Personnel:
Active U.S. Military personnel are eligible for a 50% discount off ACTEX Webinar 1-2 participant options. In order to access this discount, please email us at Support@ActexMadRiver.com from your military email address.
Discount for Educators:
Faculty members of any accredited higher-education institution are eligible for a 50% discount off ACTEX Webinars. In order to access this discount, please contact us via email at Support@ActexMadRiver.com using your college/university e-mail address.
Discount for Regulatory Actuaries:
Regulatory Actuaries (Regulators) are eligible for a 30% discount off ACTEX Webinars. In order to access this discount, please contact us via email at Support@ActexMadRiver.com using your government e-mail address.