ACTEX eLearning Webinar Recording:
High-Impact Actuarial Communication
1.5 SOA/EA CPD, CAS CE Credits/Training Hours
As an actuary,
- Do you struggle to meaningfully communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience?
- Do your presentations usually involve going through mounds of data leaving your audience confused or overwhelmed?
- Do you wonder how to better engage your audience when you communicate your analysis or pricing results?
- Would you like to have more impact on your audience when you present your work product?
One of the main criticisms of actuaries is that they don't know how to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical people. Presentations are rich with data, but lacking the meaningful interpretation that management needs to make strategic decisions. Actuaries are viewed as holding a “black box” where they cannot adequately explain the business implications of their results.
Past surveys by both the SOA and ACTEX have shown that employers and executives perceive a need for actuaries to improve both their leadership and communications skills.To fill this need, ACTEX is partnering with Dave Miller, a communications and leadership expert who is also an actuary himself, with this first in a series of webinars.
Participants will learn:
- The difference between masterful and adequate communicators
- What are the Culture Wars in every situation an actuary communicates?
- What you must absolutely know to successfully navigate communicating to executives,
- How to present in a way so your non-technical audience members really get it
- How to make sure you “hit the mark” every time
- 8 specific techniques to maximize the impact of your communication,
- A technique when communicating to senior management that will become your secret weapon
David C. Miller, FSA, MS, PCC is founder and CEO of Leadership Growth Strategies. He is an internationally-recognized human development expert specializing in sales, leadership and change management. He has developed and presented nearly 500 customized programs for organizations internationally on three different continents and has personally coached over 1,000 business professionals and corporate executives in over 75 different organizations.
Dave is author of The Influential Actuary, a book focused on helping actuaries develop the skills and strategies to be set apart in the way they communicate, influence and relate to others.
Who Should Attend?
Any actuary who wants to master advanced communication skills and presentation techniques.
The registration fee includes access to the webcast recording and supplemental materials for up to 180 days.
All prices are in USD.
Please Note: Participants must agree to the ACTEXeLearning.com Site Policy in order to access this webinar.
EA Credit Information:
The Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) has approved ACTEX as a qualifying sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) programs for enrolled actuaries.
ACTEX believes in good faith that you may earn continuing professional education (CPE) non-core non-ethics credits under the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA) rules for attending this webinar. The JBEA makes the final determination about what constitutes core, non-core, ethics, or non-ethics CPE and the number of CPE credit hours allocated.
What is the difference between 10+ participants & 1-connection and 10+ participants & Multi-connection?
'Connection' refers to how many participants will access our Webinar by signing-in at ACTEXeLearning.com.
Customers who have purchased a 1-connection option will have the purchaser sign-in and share the video on their monitor (or via video-conference, Skype or other video sharing format) with up to the number of participants purchased for. Username and password information is not to be shared with the other participants.
Customers who have purchased our Multi-connection option will be sent login information and an access key. Each participant will then be able to login on their own computer, with their own username & password, at their own convenience.
- Access information is sent to the email address listed under Shipping Information on your order.
- If you have 8+ participants needing their own access you should select our Multi-connection option for the best value.
- All registrations include 180-day unlimited on-demand access to the Webinar and the handouts.
Discount for Full-Time Students:
Students with current enrollment as a full-time student at any college/university are eligible for a 50% discount. In order to access this discount, please email proof of enrollment using your college/university e-mail address to Support@ActexMadRiver.com. Examples of enrollment proof would be a copy of your registration information, or an unofficial transcript.
Discount for Active Military Personnel:
Active U.S. Military personnel are eligible for a 50% discount off the course tuition fee. In order to access this discount, please email us at Support@ActexMadRiver.com from your military email address.
Discount for Educators:
Faculty members of any accredited higher-education institution are eligible for a 20% discount. In order to access this discount, please contact us via email at Support@ActexMadRiver.com using your college/university e-mail address.
Discount for Educators for Class Use:
Instructors at any accredited higher-education institution are eligible for a 50% discount off any of the 3+ Participants registration options for viewing with students. In order to access this discount, please contact us via email at Support@ActexMadRiver.com using your college/university e-mail address.
Discount for Regulatory Actuaries:
Regulatory Actuaries (Regulators) are eligible for a 30% discount. In order to access this discount, please contact us via email at Support@ActexMadRiver.com using your government e-mail address.