ACTEX eLearning and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries Present:
ACTEX eLearning Webinar:
An Actuarial Overview of LICAT
This is a potential source of 1 hour of CPD for the Canadian Institute of Actuaries.
1.2 SOA CPD Credits/Training Hours
(All prices are USD)
An Actuarial Overview of LICAT
In September 2016, Canada’s Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) released Guideline A: Life Insurance and Capital Adequacy Test (LICAT). The LICAT will replace the current MCCSR guideline as of January 2018.
This webinar will provide an overview of the new LICAT guideline and introduce you to both non-actuarial and actuarial concepts that are important for your understanding of these new guidelines. The webinar compares the outgoing MCCSR guideline with the new LICAT guideline with side-by-side comparisons.
This webinar is targeted to those who are new to LICAT or those who have a basic understanding of LICAT, but who seek a more in-depth understanding. We will delve into the new guideline and cover topics such as Available Capital, Surplus Allowance, Eligible Deposits and the Base Solvency Buffer. As the guideline is over 180 pages long, the webinar distils and presents the key concepts in an understandable format.
You will learn from an Actuary who has completed the LICAT filing process for several companies across Canada. He has presented on the topic to boards, management and to fellow actuaries. He is well versed in the new LICAT guideline and will bring his knowledge to you.
Who Should Take this Course?
- Actuaries practicing in Canada;
- Appointed Actuaries, Valuation Actuaries or Actuaries who review this work;
- Actuaries working in financial reporting roles, valuation roles and/or capital management roles;
- Pricing Actuaries;
- Actuaries working in Enterprise Risk Management roles;
- Actuarial students working in valuation, financial reporting, or in a capital division.
At the conclusion of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the key components of the new LICAT guideline and the differences in relation to the outgoing MCCSR guideline;
- Identify elements of Available Capital;
- Understand what makes up the Surplus Allowance and Eligible Deposits;
- Identify the components of the Base Solvency Buffer;
- Apply their understanding of the new LICAT guideline to their work.
Instructor Clayton Zaluski, FCIA, FSA
Clayton is a Consulting Actuary and Partner at Worden Zaluski Consulting Actuaries specializing in Appointed Actuary work, financial reporting and insurance pricing. He is also the founder and one of the lead instructors at XP Actuarial, which provides study material for the SOA’s Corporate Finance and ERM exam. His combination of Consulting and Instructor experience offers him a unique perspective.
The registration fee includes access to the webcast recording and supplemental materials for up to 180 days.
All prices are in USD.
Please Note: Participants must agree to the ACTEXeLearning.com Site Policy in order to access this webinar.