ACTEX eLearning Presents:
ACTEX eLearning FREE Webinar:
"6 Things Actuarial Students Should Be Doing This Summer"
For most actuarial students today, their first actuarial job is the hardest one to get. The number of students applying for entry-level actuarial job openings in the US and Canada is at or near an all-time high. In today’s entry-level job market, actuarial students must take a number of very important steps to get hired.
Bill Marella, CEO of ACTEX Learning, reviews these steps and explains why each is critically important from the employer perspective. Bill has over 20 years of experience helping actuarial students with exam and career questions.
Outline of Topics:
- Passing Exams
- Developing Difference Making Technical Skills
- Pursuing Communication & Leadership Opportunities
- Résumé and Interview Skill Development
- Learning Everything You Can About the Profession, Career and Product Areas
- Formulate a Search Strategy
As part of this discussion, Bill discusses numerous related topics that confront actuarial students during the internship or full-time job seeking process, including:
- What are employers looking for when hiring for internships and full-time positions?
- How important is passing 1, 2 or more actuarial exams?
- How can I stand out during the recruiting process?
- How do I begin a search?
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
- Actuarial students who are planning to apply for internships or entry-level actuarial positions in the US or Canada.
At the conclusion of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the key aspects of “building your brand”; the skills and knowledge that employers are looking for when hiring entry-level actuarial students.
- Develop their own plan of action, based on their own personal circumstances, to make them more attractive to employers and get hired.
Instructor Bill Marella, CEO, ACTEX Learning
Bill Marella is the CEO of ACTEX Learning. In this role, Bill is in regular communication with the actuarial community, in particular, actuarial students who are pursuing their exams and embarking on a career as an actuary. Since 1972, ACTEX Learning has helped hundreds of thousands of actuarial students pass their actuarial exams by publishing textbooks, study manuals and other materials such as online prep courses, for the SOA, CAS and EA exams. In addition, ACTEX Learning publishes and distributes insightful career and exam strategy books to help actuarial students prepare for careers in the field, including:
Prior to his days leading ACTEX Learning, Bill founded SlideRule Books, a retailer of actuarial exam material.
Please Note: Participants must agree to the ACTEXeLearning.com Site Policy in order to access this webinar.