Customize, practice and master Exam FM with our Guided Online Actuarial Learning tool.
Use GOAL in combination with your study manual to pass your exams and get started in your actuarial career. A license is included as part of StudyPlus+ with the purchase of an ACTEX or ASM study manual. Customers may purchase GOAL as a stand-alone product with a 6-month license, and may renew that license in 6-month increments thereafter.
Take advantage of our FREE 2-day trial to test the many benefits of this fully customizable and flexible study tool. (One free trial per person allowed)
Practice. Quiz. Test.
Customize your study experience by choosing between 3 learning and difficulty modes to test your knowledge and gain greater understanding of your strengths and weaknesses. Students can choose between practice, quiz and simulated exam learning modes and adjust difficulty levels between core, advanced and mastery. GOAL also includes features such as “Help Me Start” in practice mode, solutions with two or more alternative approaches and a “Common Questions & Errors” section for many challenging questions.
We recommend that you first gain an understanding of the concepts from your study manual, textbooks and/or SOA or CAS study notes before utilizing GOAL to practice what you’ve learned.
Practice: select a topic(s), level of difficulty and begin practicing. In this mode you can answer as few or as many problems as you’d like, there is no timer and no performance report. Skip or flag a question for later review. Correct answers and detailed solutions are displayed immediately following each problem.
Quiz: select the topic(s), number of problems, set your timer and level of difficulty and start your quiz. All problems must be answered and solutions for each problem will be displayed after the quiz is completed. Answers are tracked for performance reporting.
Simulated Exam: Test time! You will be presented with a simulated, comprehensive exam with predetermined problems withheld from the practice and quizzes modes. Numerous complete practice exams are available. Includes a timer that can be paused. Answers are not displayed until the test is complete. Answers are tracked for reporting of your performance.
GOAL provides students with the following:
- 1,500 SOA Exam FM exam-style problems with detailed solutions
- 3 learning modes: practice, quizzes and simulated exams
- 3 levels of difficulty: core, advanced and mastery
- Adaptive database for quizzes: difficulty level adjusts based on performance
- Customized database: ability to narrow focus to specific learning objectives
- Flag difficult questions for later review
- Review incorrect answers and/or skipped questions in practice mode
- Add personal study notes to any problem
- Review alternative solutions to problems
- Monitor progress through performance reports
- Save sessions for later review or completion
- Instructor-led audio solutions provided for many of the most difficult problems
- Students can choose to play the audio/html file or not; potentially speeding up their studying.
- Notify instructor: questions, errors and errata
- Mobile use available with an internet connection
Levels of Difficulty
- Core = Basic foundational questions designed to practice new concepts/formulas and prepare you for more advanced SOA Exam level questions.
- Advanced = More complicated questions to prepare you for SOA exam questions with a medium level of difficulty.
- Mastery = More challenging questions to prepare you for SOA exam questions with a high level of difficulty.
GOAL Functionality Previews:
Send Us Your Feedback or Ask A Question
Please use the GOAL interface, available within each question, to send us feedback or ask a question of the instructor. We are already working on version 2.0 and would be pleased to incorporate as much student feedback as possible.
- Prof. Wafaa Shaban, ASA, Ph.D., Actuarial Program Director at UNC Charlotte
- Chris Ruckman, FSA, co-author of Interest Theory: Financial Mathematics and Deterministic Valuation, an approved text of the Society of Actuaries for Exam FM
- Prof. Irina Pogrebivsky, FSA, EA, Assistant Professor at Arcadia University, Glenside, PA