Digital Manuals are Easy to Access & have Many Features...
Digital Manuals can be accessed from any device, online or off-line. Just visit the My Account/My Learning Tools section of the ACTEX|Mad River Books website to begin studying! Our eReader lets you write and print notes, comments & annotations as well as underline, cross out, and highlight text. Licenses are available in 12-month AND 6-month terms*. And 3-month and 6-month license extensions (no printing) are offered exclusively through the My Learning Tools platform.
Terms & Conditions:
- Accessible through your ACTEX | Mad River Books account/web browser, offline via a FREE desktop player (required for printing - 12-month licenses ONLY), & online or offline via a mobile application
- Compatible with PC, mac, Android or iPhone
- One User per license allowed; no transfers, exchanges or returns. (Sharing and/or resale is prohibited)
- Print up to 30% of the manual (total) with the 12-month license. *Printing is not authorized for the 6-month license or extensions.
- Access to content on up to four devices
- Use off-line for up to 5 days at a time
- NO RETURNS
Resale, sharing or any other violation of copyright is not allowed. Copyright infringement is a violation of the SOA Code of Professional Conduct and can result in discipline procedures.
Printed manual is three-hole punched, shrink-wrapped, and notebook-ready for convenient transporting.
This edition can be used for any P/1 exam sitting in 2018.
ASM STUDY MANUAL FOR SOA P
The ASM for P manual offers comprehensive coverage of the syllabus for Exam P in its 30 lessons. Examples of the topics discussed are:
- Basic properties of probability
- Conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem
- Probability Generating Functions
- Random variables
- Moments, percentiles, and modes
- Joint distributions
- Binomial, negative binomial, Poisson, exponential, and normal distributions
- Central limit theorem
- Order statistics
- Moment generating functions
- Transformations of random variables
The manual has over 500 pages with about 83 examples and 597 exercises. Of these exercises, 151 are original; the others are taken from old exams or are SOA sample questions. All exercises have complete solutions. In addition, the manual has 6 practice exams consisting of 30 original questions.
NEW FOR FALL 2018: Changed a few practice questions and included corrections to all known errata.
Digital manual is available in 6-month or 12-month licenses, initially:
|6 Month Digital License
|12 Month Digital License
||Print up to 30% of the manual, total
3-month ($55) and 6-month ($69) license extensions are available to customers with confirmed access to this 2nd edition - SECOND PRINTING of the manual. Extensions are only available through your 'My Learning Tools' platform & must be purchased prior to the expiration of a current license (of the same content,) and are exclusively for the original user. Extensions do not include printing rights and may not be shared, sold or manipulated in any way. Customers in violation of these terms forfeit their licenses and are not eligible for reimbursement. Copyright infringement is in violation of the CAS & SOA Code of Professional Conduct and can result in discipline procedures.
Manual includes StudyPlus+ digital access to:
- Virtual eFlashcards
- G.O.A.L. for Exam P (Guided Online Actuarial Learning practice problem tool)
- Digital formula sheet
- Actuarial exam and career strategy guides
- Technical skill eLearning tools
- Samples of Supplemental Texts & Study Tools
- And more!
StudyPlus+ & GOAL: A $350 value!
StudyPlus+ access is provided to customers of the printed manual for 12 months. Access codes are included within printed study manuals on a fluorescent yellow or green page, near the front of the manual. Digital manual customers gain access to StudyPlus+ immediately upon confirmation of an order, for a duration matching the digital manual license (including any extensions.)
ASM Pass Guarantee!
ASM authors/instructors are well-known as creators of the most comprehensive study manuals available for the SOA and CAS exams. ASM consistently offers students more practice problems with detailed solutions and more sample practice exams with original questions.
We are very confident that using ASM study manuals will help you receive a passing score. In fact, we offer you this guarantee to help ensure your success using ASM study manuals:
- Original purchase of a 6 Month Digital License – One (1) six-month renewal [NO PRINTING]
- Original purchase of a 12 Month Digital License - Unlimited, six-month renewals [NO PRINTING]
- Original purchase of a Printed manual - Unlimited, six-month digital renewal [NO PRINTING]
To renew your non-transferable license, please email this retailer with proof of your original purchase & failing grade from the most recent exam sitting relative to the end of your most recent license (no later than 60-days following the expiration of that license.) Additional 6-month renewals (when applicable) are subject to the same terms. Please note, customers who purchase a printed manual from this retailer are considered to have an initial ‘license period’ of 12 Months from the date their manual is first shipped.
Please note: Exams and syllabi sometimes undergo significant changes. Renewals of materials for discontinued exams may be substituted with material for an exam that offers equivalent credit by the SOA or CAS, ONE TIME ONLY.
Abraham Weishaus Ph.D., FSA, CFA, MAAA
Abraham was formerly a financial reporting actuary for Guardian Life Insurance Company. He served on the SOA's Education and Examination Committee for 11 years. He also taught exam preparation courses for the Actuarial Society of Greater New York (ASNY) for 15 years and for CAMAR for 6 years. Abe is currently a professor at Columbia University and teaches exam preparation courses at St. Johns University. He has been an ASM author for over 16 years and publishes material for exams P, CAS S, MFE, MLC and C.
CLICK HERE for ERRATA