Digital Manuals are Easy to Access & have Many Features...
Digital Manuals can be accessed from any device, online or off-line. Just visit the My Account/My Learning Tools section of the ACTEX|Mad River Books website to begin studying! Our eReader lets you write and print notes, comment, annotate as well as underline, cross out, and highlight text. Licenses are available in 12-month AND 6-month terms*. And 3-month ($55) and 6-month ($69) license extensions (no printing) are offered exclusively through the My Learning Tools platform.
Terms & Conditions:
- Accessible through your ACTEX | Mad River Books account/web browser, offline via a FREE desktop player (required for printing - 12-month licenses ONLY), & online or offline via a mobile application
- Compatible with PC, mac, Android or iPhone
- One User per license allowed; no transfers, exchanges or returns. (Sharing and/or resale is prohibited)
- Print up to 30% of the manual (total) with the 12-month license. *Printing is not authorized for the 6-month license or extensions.
- Access to content on up to four devices
- Use off-line for up to 5 days at a time
- NO RETURNS
Printed manual is 1 volume, duplex printed and spiral bound set.
Reselling, sharing or committing other copyright violations is not allowed. Copyright infringement is a violation of the CAS & SOA Code of Professional Conduct and can result in discipline procedures.
ACTEX Study Manual:
The time-tested market leader with tens of thousands of manuals sold and just as many grateful actuarial students. Carefully covers all of the SOA learning objectives for the exam.
Sam Broverman, PhD, ASA, brings 30+ years of university and exam prep teaching experience to bear to ensure that purchasers of this manual gain a thorough understanding of all the topics covered on the exam syllabus.
The manual contains 10 modules with comprehensive review notes and examples and problem sets at the end of each module, all with detailed solutions. It also includes a summary review of the prerequisite algebra and calculus material. The manual now contains the definition of the probability generating function, with some examples and practice exam questions (in anticipation of this requirement on Fall 2018 SOA P Exams.)
Following the modules are 10 original practice exams with detailed solutions, providing students with ample opportunity for the necessary drilling on important concepts and formulas critical for exam success.
There are over 500 problems included in this manual.
The 10 modules cover:
- Basic Probability Concepts
- Conditional Probability and Independence
- Combinatorial Principles
- Random Variables and Probability Distributions
- Expectation and Other Distribution Parameters
- Frequently Used Discrete Distributions
- Frequently Used Continuous Distributions
- Joint, Marginal, and Conditional Distributions
- Transformations of Random Variables
- Risk Management Concepts
The Second Printing includes corrections to all known errata.
SOA Exam Schedule for Computer-Based Testing (CBT) 2018
Digital manual is available in 6-month or 12-month licenses, initially:
|6 Month Digital License
|12 Month Digital License
||Print up to 30% of the manual, total
3-month ($55) and 6-month ($69) license extensions are available to customers with confirmed access to this Spring 2018 edition of the manual. Extensions are only available through your 'My Learning Tools' platform. They must be purchased prior to the expiration of your current license (of the same content) and are exclusively for the original user. Extensions do not include printing rights and may not be shared, sold or overidden in any way. Customers in violation of these terms forfeit their licenses and are not eligible for reimbursement. Copyright infringement is in violation of the SOA Code of Professional Conduct and can result in discipline procedures.
Manual now includes StudyPlus+ digital access to:
- Virtual eFlashcards
- G.O.A.L. for Exam P
- Digital formula sheet
- Actuarial exam and career strategy guides
- Technical skill eLearning tools
- Samples of Supplemental Texts & Study Tools
- And more!
StudyPlus+ & GOAL: A $350 value!
StudyPlus+ access codes are provided within printed study manuals on a fluorescent yellow or green page inside, near the front of the manual and are emailed to customers of the digital-only study manuals. Emailed codes will arrive shortly after confirmation of a digital manual (or bundle) order; please check all junk, spam or bulk folders to be certain the message is not misfiled upon delivery.
ACTEX Pass Guarantee!
We’ve helped more students pass SOA and CAS exams than any other company! How? We have the best preliminary exam instructors & authors who are committed to your success. Actuarial exams are very difficult, but with our help, you can pass; we guarantee it!
Verified users of ACTEX study manuals for exams on the SOA's "ASA Pathway" now receive the following benefits:
- Digital eManual: 6 Month License – One (1) six-month digital license renewal
- Digital eManual: 12 Month License – Unlimited six-month digital license renewals
- Printed Manual – Unlimited six-month digital license renewals
*To be eligible for renewal, a registered user (or ship to contact for printed manuals) must actively take the exam within the manual license term, or no more than 60 days after the license ends, and email this retailer with proof of the non-passing score. For the unlimited renewals, a user must take the exam and not receive a passing score within six months of the most recent license renewal for continued eligibility. Printed manual customers must submit their request for a renewal no later than 14 months after their printed manual originally ships. Neither licenses nor renewals are transferable.
We know that exam syllabi can undergo significant revisions, and sometimes even the exams themselves change. In the event a customer is eligible for a renewal but the exact exam is no longer offered, that customer can receive 6-month digital-only access (as outlined above) to material for an exam with equivalent credit (on ONE occasion, ONLY.)